Polyester is a synthetic material which became popular in the global textile industry. Polyester fabric is dominant in various types of apparel production, home textiles, finishing materials, decorative structures, sport and tourist equipment.
Features of polyester fabric
Polyester is a fabric obtained by extrusion of a polymer alloy (polyethylene terephthalate). Depending on the temperature regimes and mechanical processing, the output is fabrics with different properties. Polyester textiles can be blended or fully synthetic.
Polyester fabric has a number of undeniable advantages and specific properties:
- strength and wear resistance
- lightness and thickness
- low degree of hygroscopicity (does not get wet and does not absorb moisture)
- crease resistance and dimensional stability
- resistance to sunlight (does not fade)
- low degree of pilling (pills formation)
- resistance to multiple washing
Blended fabric is a polyester with the addition of natural fibers (cotton, wool, linen, viscose) or synthetic threads of other origin (antistatic thread, polyamide). Such compounds improve the performance characteristics of the material (hygiene, breathability, ease of dyeing, color fastness, tactile comfort).
Types and applications of Polyester fabric
Polyester fabric is represented by a wide variety of textiles with different technological properties. Synthetic materials have gained the greatest popularity in light industry, in national economy, and in automotive industry.
Polyester is both polyester and acrylic, microfiber and polyester silk. The difference is only in the method of production and application:
- polyester is a lightweight waterproof material, it is well dyed and keeps its shape (fabric for furniture, textiles, apparel and workwear); lavsan is a kind of polyester (textiles for home and office)
- acrylic is a high-density fabric that is resistant to light weather factors (furniture upholstery, wallpaper, tapestries, ceilings, curtains, tents and banners)
- microfiber is a thin material with increased breathability (sports equipment, technical napkins, furniture coating)
- polyester silk is a light fabric with a low density (production of bed and underwear, flags, banners)
Depending on the scope of application, polyester fabric may have a number of specific features:
- antistatic effect
- fire resistance, heat resistance and fire safety
- water resistance
- stability to general industrial pollution
These fabrics are used for the production of protective workwear:
- at chemical production
- for work in aggressive environment
- uniforms for workers of stevedoring companies, builders, postal workers, road repair services
- for indoor workshops and assembling lines
- for work in the southern regions
Polyester fabric from STG
STG company offers blended cotton-polyester fabrics (based on long-staple Egyptian cotton) and pure polyester fibers.
Polyester textiles are characterized by high functionality, good air permeability, hygroscopicity and environmental friendliness.
antistatic thread 1%
Fabrics have test reports according to the technical regulations for listed risks.
Polyester fabric in Poland
Polyester fabric is offered on STG website. The price and delivery time are specified by manager. It’s possible to buy the material wholesale and retail. The company guarantees:
- a large selection of modern materials
- availability in stock and delivery in the shortest possible time
- compliance with regulatory documentation
Samples are provided upon client request. Delivery is carried out throughout Poland, by any carrier. Pickup is possible.
🦺 What should I do if I want to get a ready-made work wear, but you sell fabric?
We provide wide range of services and will be able to help you to choose a garment company that fulfill your present needs.
👷 Why do you need a trial wear testing?
Trial wear testing is the most effective way to determine if the claimed characteristics correspond to reality, which allows you to avoid emotional evaluation, but focus on protective properties and benefits.
👨🔧 I want to replace work clothes in the company, but I do not know how to make the right choice?
Describe the task briefly and send it to us via feedback form on our website or leave a request for a call. Our manager or technologist will call you back and help you with any question.