Polyamide fabric is a strong but soft material used for workwear production.
Polyamide is completely synthetic, so in its pure form it is hardly ever used. To improve its qualitative characteristics, the fiber is mixed with other types of fabrics. Thanks to the addition of polyamide, they become lightweight, strong and resistant to mechanical damage.
Characteristics of polyamide fabrics
The basis of the material is synthetic. Synthetic fibers are produced from polyamide solutions and melts, which are made by processing organic raw materials: coal, natural gas, oil.
Polyamide fabric is produced in four stages:
- Synthesis. The synthesis of the benzene component produces an organic compound caprolactam.
- Polymerization. The resulting compound is converted into a polymer.
- Textile processing. Polymeric fibers are formed into yarns.
- Textile processing. PA fabric is made from polymer filaments.
At any of these stages, different chemical compounds and additives are used to give the yarn the necessary technical properties (e.g., water resistance).
The main quality of the material is the highest strength. A thread with a thickness of two human hairs is able to bear a weight of up to 1.5 kg. Polyamide fabric is characterized by high resistance to abrasion and repeated bending, tensile strength. According to these indicators, it repeatedly surpasses not only natural, but also other synthetic fibers.
Other important properties:
- resistance to chemicals (acids, salts) and microorganisms (fungi, mold);
- elasticity, which provides long-term preservation of form;
- frost resistance;
- low dustiness;
- rapid drying;
Fields of application
Due to the strength characteristics the material is used in different industries:
- textile industry: for production of work clothes, jackets, coats, sportswear and footwear, hosiery;
- light industry: for production of tourist equipment, backpacks, bags, ropes and ropes, knitting yarn, fishing tackle, carpets, furs;
- medicine and pharmaceutics: for production of supporting bandages and dressings, orthopedic corsets.
Polyamide fabrics by STG
Manufacturing and trading company STG is an exclusive representative of the world famous brands producing protective fabrics, and offers a wide range of innovative materials for corporate uniforms, medical clothing, work overalls.
Buy polyamide fabric Strong 195 for sewing tactical and uniforms of law enforcement agencies, military, security agencies, rescue workers. It is ideal for the production of protective elements of clothing: overlays on the knees, elbows, shoulders.
Strong 195 is a polyamide blended fabric with long-staple Egyptian cotton. Nylon fibers increase the performance qualities, giving the fabric high strength and durability. At the same time the basic properties of cotton are preserved: lightness, hygroscopicity, hygiene, breathability and wearing comfort.
A combined ripstop weave provides resistance to repeated bending and washing, mechanical influences.
Parameters of STG Strong 195 polyamide fabric
||nylon 50%, cotton 50%
|Type of weaving
|Tear, basis/weft (N)
|Shrinkage, basis/weft (%)
|Air permeability (dm³/m²s)
|Washing, (points 5)
|Sweat, (points 5)
|Dry/wet friction, (points 5)
The Strong 195 is available in five colors: grey, multicam, olive, pixel BAT, pixel mm 14.
Polyamide fabric in Poland
On the website stg.ua you can order goods in retail, small and large wholesale. STG guarantees:
- reasonable prices;
- individual approach;
- provision of supporting documentation and quality certificates;
- delivery of samples (on request);
- on-time delivery terms.
Delivery is carried out by a convenient transportation company to Warsaw, Poznan, Krakow and any other city in Poland. Self-pickup is possible.